A series of travel posts from an anxious adventurer and the hobo too deaf to hear her…
Hey guys! you stumbled upon our travel blog whether intentional or not we’re glad you’re here.
Let us introduce ourselves, we are from the sunny state of Queensland in Australia, we affectionately refer to ourselves as team Patroni (queue high 5) little awkward in public but hey that’s just us, you can call us John and Renee.
We’re world travellers consumed by wanderlust, when we are not travelling we are doing whatever we can to be travelling and we are not afraid of doing the hard yards to get there.
When asked what did we want to do for the rest of our lives, mid-twenties, no direction in life, no real life goals, we pondered the question and came to the realisation that all we really want to do comes down to a simple acronym D.E.R (pronounced Duh with a slap to the forehead).
Henceforth our travel blog was born, our aspiration is to be able to share our stories with you to inspire you on your own travel adventures, as well as getting inspiration from your stories for our future endeavours.
Our bucket list:
Try to take over the world…ah umm I mean see the world haha we are easy going, pretty much keen to see and experience everything and anything the world has to offer. To date we have been opportunistic travellers, any excuse to travel and we are there…. Seems to be working for us so far.
We have been exploring since 2009 and have many stories to share prior to the start of our blog. If anything peaks your interest and you want to know more, go to our contact page and shoot us through a message.
Our adventures leading up to June 2017:
- NEW ZEALAND – A mother/daughter vacation touring the North Island for 2 weeks in a motorhome (Renee, her mother and sister)
- AUSTRALIA – 4wding expedition Gladstone to Cape York spanning over 4 weeks (John and his father, there wasn’t enough room for Renee – or so he says)
- ITALY & FRANCE – Breaking Johns overseas virginity on the Mary MacKillop’s canonisation tour – 2 weeks of churches, amazing food and divine wine throughout Rome, Assisi and The Bay of Naples. Then jetting off to Paris to end the life changing trip… travel bug caught
- THAILAND – Traversed Phuket to celebrate Renee’s sisters 21st birthday (Renee and her family)
- AUSTRALIA – Road tripped from Launceston to Hobart and back in 5 nights, 6 days
- AUSTRALIA – Trip to Sydney to purchase a toy for John, a Mazda MX5, then road tripped up the coast of New South Wales and Queensland (Renee, her sister, Aunt and Uncle )
- THAILAND – John spent 3 weeks running a muck: got a paragliding certificate in Pattaya, partied with breakdancers on Ko Samet island, wandered Kanchanaburi, tried his hand at catching a giant catfish and secret ring shopping in Bangkok. Renee arrived for the 4th week and we got engaged at the Lebua Hotel (fancy hotel at the end of Hangover 3!!!) then spent the final week in Phuket
- THAILAND & CAMBODIA – Trained in the art of Muay Thai in Chiang Mai then jumped the border to explore Cambodia from Angkor Wat to Phnom Penh we were lucky to experience the real Cambodia and stay at a friends house in a small village
- AUSTRALIA – Wandered around Sydney being all touristy on our honeymoon
- USA – Witnessed John’s sister’s beautiful wedding at a Ranch on The Big Island, Hawaii and drove around the whole island, followed by 2 weeks relaxing in Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii
- FIJI – chilled out drinking cocktails at a resort on Denarau Island
- AUSTRALIA – epic 4,000 odd km road trip from Darwin down to the big red rock in the centre of the country…Uluru
- USA – spent 6 nights 7 days SUPing around Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii on transit to Canada
- CANADA – 2 year IEC (International Experience Canada) working holiday, spent 13 months as an Albertan in Edmonton, Alberta then road tripped up to Watson Lake, Yukon before settling in for the last 11 months in Vernon, British Columbia
- CUBA – 1 week all inclusive resort stay in Varadero with an overnight trip to Havana need I say more…relaxation baby yeah
- USA – Chased the cliche white christmas and NYE ball drop experience in New York City didn’t pan out like the movies but a once in a lifetime trip nonetheless
In the meantime be sure to FOLLOW US on social media ↓ we love hearing from you.
Don’t want to miss a post? SIGN UP for our mailing list for monthly updates, we PROMISE we won’t be naggy!
Living the dream… no… we are living our dream.
Until next time…
John & Renee